No more clipping! File your dog’s nails instead

Our dogs have their nails trimmed regularly when they are puppies, so they learn not to be afraid of the clippers. I’ve clipped so many dog nails now, that I can do all four paws in under a minute. Our girls are well behaved during most grooming procedures. They don’t bite or try to pull away, but I know some dogs that do. Certain dogs are traumatized by nail clippers. If your dog is not as well behaved as mine while having his paws groomed, you may want to try a nail file, like this one from Dog Fashion Spa instead.

Using a file instead of clippers reduces the peeling and splitting of your pet’s nails. This double-sided nail file was designed by dog care and nail experts. It is made from crystal glass, which is a superior material that is used to make the finest nail files in the world. It is a non-porous material so it doesn’t absorb water and can be 100 percent sanitized. It’s also dishwasher safe.

The best thing about this grooming tool is that it is guaranteed to last forever. It won’t wear down over time, no matter how much you use it! The company recommends that you file your dog’s nails once a week. This crystal glass nail file also comes with a convenient protective case to keep it from getting broken. The file is 6.5 inches long and it is made in Europe.

Video: Is Your Dog Scared of Having His Toes Nails Cut? Clipped? Dremelled?

Many dog owners who don’t feel comfortable clipping their pet’s nails will use a file instead. I usually clip my dogs’ nails and then file down the sharp edges. It takes a lot longer to file than it does to clip them, but I know a lot of people aren’t comfortable clipping because they are afraid they’ll cut the quick. You can also use a nail grinder, which essentially does the same thing as a file- it’s just a round nail file that spins mechanically so it files nails faster than doing it by hand.

You can buy this file for just $15, which sounds like a lot for a nail file, but remember that it lasts forever. As long as you don’t drop it, you should be able to use this file throughout the life of your pet. In fact, you could buy this file now and use it for every dog you’ll ever have. That’s not a bad investment for just $15.

Reviews & Comments

Related posts